Year: 1989 325i
Engine: Fully Rebuilt top to bottom M20 with custom Mtech Valve Cover
Trans: Fully Rebuilt 5 speed Transmission with New clutch Kit OE
PPG Paint with PPG clear New paint as of September 2012
Mtech2 factory Kit Installed
Fully Recovered 100% Leather Interior
IE Strut Bar
Eibach Sports Lowering Springs on Tokico Blue Struts/Shocks
Euro Grilles, Smiley headlights, & HID
Short Throw Kit with ZHP shift Knob
Braided Brake Lines and Slotted Brake Rotors
Ceram Coated Factory Headers and Catalytic Converters along with a Remus Exhaust at rear
All new Cooling lines, Fuel Lines, Airlines, Clips, Moldings, etc.
BMW Motorsports Panels, Mtech2 Steering Wheel, Euro Rear Lic. Plate Filler & BMW Floor Mats
ACS Wheels Centers Redone with Bright Silver & Lips Polished out- All 5 ACS Wheels Including the Spare.
Since it’s inception in 2011, the Chattanooga Cruise In (held at Coker Tire and Honest Charley Speed Shop headquarters in Chattanooga, Tennessee) has continued to grow. Earlier in 2013, the event reached an all-time high with nearly 1,000 cars in attendance. For the September event, a scheduling conflict would prevent it from reaching a new record, but 600 loyal cruisers came out to join the fun, despite the event being held on the same weekend as LS Fest and Shades of the Past.
As always, the Chattanooga Cruise In was packed with cool stuff, from lowdown hot rods to rowdy muscle cars. The event also had a special display from a local racing series, known as “Revive 275” a drag radial series held monthly at Brainerd Optimist Drag Strip. The 275 guys had a great showing, with turbo, supercharged and nitrous-assisted street cars in all shapes and sizes. Other notable fast cars in attendance consisted of a junkyard 5.3-powered 280z, a wedge-powered Road Runner and a seriously low ‘60s Corvette drag car. The Chattanooga Cruise In also had a couple of dragsters in attendance—one with a blown and injected Chevy engine up front and one with a Mopar engine in the rear.
As the Chattanooga Cruise In continues to grow, we’re digging it more and more! The abundance of drag cars at this particular event was ridiculously cool, so we can’t wait to see what’s in store next year.
Hit the link to check out Tommy Lee Byrd’s first gallery of photos from the September 2013 Chattanooga Cruise In. There’s a ton more to come!
I’m a huge fan of the Skyline with the ultimate for me being the 1970 Nissan Skyline GTR KGC10 like this one by JDM Legends. Here we have a 1970 Nissan Skyline 2000GT 2 dr, or commonly known as a KGC10 Skyline. It’s a stunning example of such a cool race car that has been prepared for track use but works just as well on the street. The car has a fully re-built 3.0 litre L series engine and comes with many great, and rare upgrades from Japan. The upgrades included the vintage style racing bucket seats, bolt in roll cage and performance suspension. If your in the market for buying a vintage JDM car then these guys are the ones to go to with a full vehicle inspection available online for you to see.
JDM Legends was founded in 2009 by Eric Bizek and Trey Cobb, who is also the owner/founder of the aftermarket tuning company Cobb Tuning. Born out of our passion for classic JDM cars, our goal is to improve knowledge and accessibility to these wonder pieces of history and machinery and assist in the enlightenment of the collector market of the true values this vehicles possess.
So what does JDM actually mean? Well it simply means Japanese Domestic Market.. and now you know.
Wed Jun 26 2013 01:31:26 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
A small landmark of New York City architectural and automotive history disappeared recently, almost without notice. The theatrical auto showroom designed by Frank Lloyd Wright at 430 Park Avenue, at 56th Street, had displayed a number of European brands over the years, notably Mercedes-Benz from 1957 to 2012.
Enlarge This Image
In early April, the Wright interior was demolished by the owners of the building, Midwood Investment and Management and Oestreicher Properties. Debra Pickrel, a preservationist and co-author of “Frank Lloyd Wright in New York: The Plaza Years, 1954-1959” (Gibbs Smith, 2007) wrote about the showroom’s destruction in Metropolis magazine.
Born in Austria, Maximilian Hoffman immigrated to New York with the outbreak of World War II. In 1947, he established a firm to import little-known European brands to New York and the West Coast.
Hoffman first intended the showroom for Jaguars. Drawings from the Wright archives show a leaping Jaguar sculpture and planters. But by the time the showroom was completed, Jaguar had set up its own sales space. Instead, the Hoffman space was filled with a mix of cars, including Porsches, for which he was the official importer to the United States.
The first drawings for the showroom have pedestrians on Park Avenue looking into the space. A rotating turntable held three or four cars; a ramp behind it accommodated one or two more. That spiral anticipated the design of the Guggenheim Museum, which opened in 1959.
The showroom was never considered a major work. In 1966, the architecture critic of The New York Times, Ada Louise Huxtable, who died in January, referred to it as “cramped.”
But it was one of a handful of Wright buildings in the New York area, and its form has a definite place in key themes of Wright’s work, according to historians like David G. DeLong, professor emeritus of architecture at the University of Pennsylvania.
Part of Wright’s fee for the design work was two Mercedes-Benzes, according to Douglas Steiner, who has written extensively about the architect. Wright also designed a house for Hoffman in Rye, N.Y.
Almost alone, it seems, Mr. Hoffman saw a market for European luxury models in New York and Beverly Hills. Beginning in the late 1940s, he imported a wide range of brands, including Delahaye and Austin.
He was willing to take a chance on the former Third Reich’s people’s car, the Volkswagen, which eventually became a huge hit. He also offered the Jowett Jupiter, which was not.
Hoffman met Ferry Porsche, son of the company’s founder, in 1950 and began importing Porsches to New York. He often raced cars himself to publicize the brands. Hoffman was known for coming up with ideas for new models that would sell well in the United States, suggesting the series production of the Mercedes 300SL Gullwing and the Porsche Speedster to their respective manufacturers.
In 1958, Mercedes-Benz bought out Hoffman and remained in the Park Avenue space, through two renovations, until decamping last year for a larger showroom in a new dealership on Eleventh Avenue.
To students of Wright’s work, the showroom ramps recall larger designs. One was the never-built Gordon Strong Automobile Objective, a mountaintop tower imagined in 1924 for a wealthy client. It was to be a structure where cars would park at the culmination of a scenic drive in Maryland. The other is the Guggenheim Museum, which resembles the Automobile Objective tower flipped on its head.
Janet Halstead, executive director of the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy, a Chicago-based group dedicated to preserving Wright’s work, said that after learning of the planned demolition last June from one of its members, her organization tried to have the city designate the showroom as a landmark.
“We have a network of members and professionals who informally monitor Wright buildings in their regions and in the media, and we often learn about situations through these ‘Wright watch’ participants,” she said. “They constitute a kind of early-warning system for risks to Wright buildings. We sent a formal request for evaluation to the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission in August 2012.”
According to Matt Chaban of Crain’s New York Business, who reported on the events, on March 22 the commission called, and on March 25 sent a letter, informing the building owner that landmarking was under discussion.
On March 28, the owner applied to the city Buildings Department, a separate agency, for a demolition permit, which was granted. Demolition took place the next week.
“The Landmarks Commission was unaware that the space had been demolished until we had an eyewitness report that the space had been gutted,” Ms. Halstead said.
Calls and e-mails to the owners, Midwood Investment and Management and Oestreicher Properties, and to the building’s managers, were not returned.
The conservancy’s president, Larry Woodin, issued a statement reading in part, “It is very disappointing that the City of New York was not able to move quickly enough to prevent the demolition of this Wright space.”
Donna Boland, a spokeswoman for Mercedes-Benz, said the hope when Mercedes left was that the showroom would be leased to another car company. “We were shocked at the removal,” she said, “but had no say in it since we leased the space.”
IMAGE: The space, with a spiral ramp and turntable interior, was designed in 1954 for the pioneering auto importer Max Hoffman.
Harry Miller designed and developed the most innovative and winning competition cars during The Golden Age of racing, the 1920s. His masterpiece was the 91 ci supercharged twin cam straight eight seen here. Miller, along with Duesenberg, dominated oval track racing including Indy and "the boards" running at engine speeds exceeding 9000 rpm on skinny tires, lousy brakes, and nothing more than cloth helmets for their noble drivers.
Fri Jan 04 2013 19:11:58 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
1952 French Salmson type S4E with coachbuilt body by Henri Esclassan from Boulogne (near Paris, France) to show you that others were also fascinated by the GM /Harley Earl /Le Sabre show car. The Salmson chassis is a 4 cylinder motor car. This is placed in the '47 Buick album because of the similarity to the Staranick Spohn Custom. This car however uses production Cadillac tail lights of 1952.
Sat Dec 22 2012 22:31:20 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Claus Miller (Munich, Germany) with me in the photo taken at a Sarasota Cafe Racers lunch and with one of his vintage Ford historic racecars. He's interested in starting a Cafe Racers satellite in Munich.
Tue Dec 04 2012 02:26:06 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Jean Behra, a short, stout Frenchman hired by Ferrari for the 1959 season became paranoid and surly as he strained to meet Ferrari’s expectations. At 38, he had survived a dozen crashes. His body was laced with scars. A French magazine published a full-page photograph of him with a dense display of arrows identifying his broken bones. A collision three years earlier had torn off his right ear. Behra endured it all with a Gallic shrug. “Only those who do not move do not die,” he said. “But are they not already dead?” - Michael Cannell, The Limit.